Wednesday 21 August 2013

Pictutorial - Reverse French Manicure



I came across this image on Pinterest a few days ago and I was dying to try it! It actually ended up being pretty simple even for someone with a shaky hand like me! I'm sure a bit of practice would improve the end results a lot so I'll definitely try again in a few weeks but personally I liked it! My nails aren't just long enough at the moment to achieve the exact look so bear with me!


How To:


  • Start with clean, dry nails that have been filed to your preferred shape. Add a clear base coat if desired.


  • Apply two layers of your chosen base coat - make sure to wait for each coat to dry completely before moving on to the next! The colour I used ended up being a bit too pink and shimmery for this look so I would advise a matt beige colour if you're trying to copy the picture exactly.
  • When both coats are completed dry, apply a french manicure guide to the nail at a diagonal angle. Apply a layer of black nail polish over the tip of the nail. Allow it to completely dry before removing the guide, and then repeat this process with the tip guide facing the opposite diagonal angle. This is really time consuming and I soon realised that you could just as easily freehand the diagonal lines, and then remove any messiness with a Q-tip dipped in nail polish remover!
   
                     

  • When you are happy with the lines you've created, wait for all the polish to completely dry before you clean up around the edges, a Q-tip is definitely the best way to do this, or for real precision wrap some cotton wool around a cuticle stick and dip it in nail polish remover.
  • Be sure to apply a top coat so prevent all your hard work from chipping, and maybe carry a bottle of black polish with you to top up those tips!






So there you have it, hope you guys like it! If there's any other looks you would enjoy a pictutorial on just let me know by leaving a comment on the blog or tell me via Facebook! :)

https://www.facebook.com/TheBeautyBoutiqueBlog

x

0 comments:

Post a Comment